[tz] Egypt to have DST again

Matt Johnson mj1856 at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 30 06:02:14 UTC 2016

> ... inertia should probably be a strong  factor in our decisions here, where there is an absence of internal political consensus.

Agreed.  It would be even more chaotic to reverse course multiple times in such a short period.  Unless there's clear consensus with official confirmation, I don't think we should do anything yet.

Also, today there's another bit of press on this:
http://www.youm7.com/story/2016/6/29/-/2781482

It mentions a July 5th date, but I believe that is in error by the person being quoted.  Multiple other sites have the same quote, so this will probably add even more confusion.  However, it brings an interesting idea that the Cabinet's DST might take effect as scheduled, but then be terminated early at some later date - or just prohibited for the following year.  I suppose any of these combinations is possible.

Also, anyone have any insight into the $8M IATA fee they keep mentioning?  Curious if that's a normal thing.  I've never heard of it before with other countries.

-Matt