[tz] Status in the Carribean

Steve Jones stevejones at OnTimeZone.com
Tue Mar 15 18:49:24 UTC 2016

>At 09:18 AM 3/15/2016, Paul_Koning at Dell.com wrote:
>>A limitation of that format is that it doesn't show that DST rules
>>vary from one country to another, so while there is a whole stripe
>>of EST/EDT, the transition may not occur all at once across that whole stripe.

Paul:

Yes, that is a significant limitation.  On the exceptions page
(http://ontimezone.com/exceptions.php#dst) it says "...most North
American locations follow DST (not necessarily on the same schedule)."

Then it lists the exceptions.  I haven't found a simple, intuitive
way to present that data on the map.  I've tried, and it just seems
to further obfuscate an already confusing topic.

Within the limited scope of OnTimeZone.com
(http://ontimezone.com/images/na.gif) all DST observance is on the
same schedule with the sole exception of that portion of Mexico
outside the states of Sonora and Quintana Roo (which do not observe
DST) and the poorly defined areas near the US border (20km + various
specific locales), which observe DST on the US schedule.

Steve Jones
OnTimeZone.com