[tz] Anecdotal discrepancy for Navajo nation in Arizona

Matt Johnson mj1856 at hotmail.com
Wed May 25 03:28:01 UTC 2016

There's also the interesting case of Dangling Rope Marina, which does not observe DST - despite being clearly in Utah.

http://www.nationalparkstraveler.com/2014/06/great-park-time-zone-puzzle-orwhat-time-it-anyway25256

Not that I would expect tzdb to have such fidelity.  IIRC, there are plenty of other smaller localities that are technically in the boundary of one time zone, but follow the rules of another.

I suppose a map such as http://efele.net/maps/tz/world/ might elect to take these exceptions into account.  But for TZDB, I think it's fine enough that America/Phoenix and America/Denver are both available to use as desired.

Now if, for example, we learned that one of the enclaves or exclaves USED to use DST and then stopped using it (or vice versa), then we'd possibly have to consider a distinct zone entry.

:)
-Matt