[tz] Asia/Tomsk

Victor Sudakov vas at mpeks.tomsk.su
Thu May 26 10:06:22 UTC 2016

Guy Harris wrote:

> > It looks as if there's no daylight savings time, so only one abbreviation is necessary.
>
> Oops, no, it had DST from 1991 to 2014,

to 2011. DST was abolished by President Medvedev in 2011.

> and flipped between time
> zones, so multiple abbreviations are necessary.

True.

I am not sure however whether we were really in the Omsk or in the
Krasnoyarsk timezone at a given time e.g. in 1995.

> Do you have enough of a consensus that {OMST, OMS{S,D}T, KRAT} are
> something we can go with as "not inventions of the tzdb
> maintainers"?

I think the OMST and KRAT abbreviations have a long history dating
back 10 years or more.

Is there a VCS repository for the timezone data somewhere so that we
could look it up? This should give them some credit.

--
Victor Sudakov,  VAS4-RIPE, VAS47-RIPN
sip:sudakov at sibptus.tomsk.ru