[tz] Danish Time not UTC

Tue Nov 8 23:46:55 UTC 2016

On 2016-11-08 15:45, Matt Johnson wrote:
> On Monday, November 7, 2016 9:10 AM, Brian Inglis wrote:
>> According to the DK NMI DANIAmet:
>>         https://daniamet.dk/en/nmi/time-and-frequency/
>> "The law on time (Law No 83, 29/03/1893) prescribe that the time in
>> Denmark is determined by mean solar time and not the UTC time."
> I'm fairly certain that joining the European Union in 1973 would
> retire such a Danish law from 1893. Especially since UTC wasn't
> defined when the said law was introduced, so the law couldn't have
> mentioned "not the UTC time".

This is an English page from a Danish web site, so I expect the
latter is just commentary.
They also mention their NMI maintains no Time & Frequency standards,
so they outsource calibration and time keeping to other countries,
as they have no local UTC standard, which may mean they can't say
legally they follow UTC.
I think UK legal time is also still some variety of GMT, as may
be some other Commonwealth countries.