[tz] Danish Time not UTC

Clive D.W. Feather clive at davros.org
Thu Nov 10 16:18:02 UTC 2016

Random832 said:
>> The Directive in question views UT, UTC, GMT, and various other terms as
>> being equivalent, so doesn't tell us anything.
> Well, are they not?

UT and UTC definitely aren't the same.

> What's the *legal* definition of UT and GMT?

To the best of my knowledge neither term is defined in either UK or EU law.
Which means that - if it was relevant - a court would either look at the
understanding of the person on the Clapham omnibus (possibly with a
diversion via the OED) or would ask to be briefed by an accepted expert.

--
Clive D.W. Feather          | If you lie to the compiler,
Email: clive at davros.org     | it will get its revenge.