[tz] tzdata2016g missing version information

Paul Eggert eggert at cs.ucla.edu
Thu Nov 10 21:56:33 UTC 2016

On 11/10/2016 01:20 PM, Guy Harris wrote:
> For what it's worth, Darwin (macOS, iOS, etc.) will detect at least some time zone changes and the next localtime() call will use the new zone.

It strikes me that sometimes applications make several calls to
localtime()/mktime() and expect the results to be consistent with each
other. Emacs, for example, does this to guess time zone rules. These
applications won't work if the time zone rules change spontaneously
while applications are doing their computation.

I don't see an easy way around this problem with the current Darwin API.