[tz] NetBSD vs Darwin timezone API (was: tzdata2016g missing version info)

Random832 random832 at fastmail.com
Fri Nov 11 20:40:10 UTC 2016

On Thu, Nov 10, 2016, at 23:23, Guy Harris wrote:
> What alternative to the MIT Alumni Association's email forwarding service
> would you suggest to allow me to use an email address independent of my
> email current service provider (and that would allow me to, if necessary,
> forward email to that address to more than one other email address, which
> I've done in the past)?  I'm not doing that just for the lulz.

On further reading, MIT recommends using their SMTP server to send email
from their domain. Is there any particular reason that's objectionable?
With the use of SPF, this seems aimed at preventing anyone from sending
email from you without having your username and password.

https://alum.mit.edu/help/EmailForwardingFAQ#a11

> How can I send an email from my alum.mit.edu address?
> You can use the online form.
>
> You can also configure your email client (e.g. Outlook or Thunderbird) to use an SMTP (or outgoing) server that's available exclusively for MIT alumni. To do so, you will need to open your email client and specify outgoing-alum.mit.edu as your SMTP (or outgoing) mail server. Typically the SMTP server information can be found in your email client under menu items called Options, Preferences, or Tools. You should use port 465 (SSL) or 587 (TLS). Please note that your Infinite Connection username and password are required for SMTP server authentication. You will also need to configure your email client so that your alum.mit.edu address is specified as the From address.

Fixing the envelope from to match your server as I suggested before may
still work - messages delivered through the list work fine and they
still have "header.from=alum.mit.edu", but it validates the
"mtp.mailfrom=tz-bounces at iana.org" instead. It does seem to be checking
something called "has-list-id=yes" though, so it's unclear.