[tz] Historical discrepancies for Italy.

Pierpaolo Bernardi olopierpa at gmail.com
Thu Oct 20 21:27:14 UTC 2016

Hello,

about Italian time, I see:

# From Paul Eggert (2006-03-22):
# For Italian DST we have three sources: Shanks & Pottenger, Whitman, and
# F. Pollastri
# Day-light Saving Time in Italy (2006-02-03)
# http://toi.iriti.cnr.it/uk/ienitlt.html
# ('FP' below), taken from an Italian National Electrotechnical Institute
# publication. When the three sources disagree, guess who's right, as follows:

I don't know about the other sources, but:

- the url given to cnr.it is dead.

- The authoritative source for time in Italy is the national
metrological institute, which has a summary page of historical DST
data at http://www.inrim.it/res/tf/ora_legale_i.shtml

- Some of the data in TZ does not agree with this page.

I think that there must be VERY strong evidence that the INRIM is
wrong before preferring other sources?

Cheers