[tz] EU Parliament debates DST

Steffen Nurpmeso steffen at sdaoden.eu
Fri Oct 28 22:50:37 UTC 2016

Matt Johnson <mj1856 at hotmail.com> wrote:
 |Yesterday there was an extensive debate in the European Union Parliament \
 |concerning daylight saving time.  The recordings and text are available \
 |here:
 |http://www.europarl.europa.eu/plenary/en/debate-details.html?date=20161027&\
 |detailBy=date
 |
 |Expand the section titled: "15:04 - 16:05 Switch between summer and \
 |winter time (debate)"
 |
 |My favorite is the passionate argument made by Indrek Tarand, MEP from \
 |Estonia, at 15:34:21.  Though I'm not sure his history is quite so \
 |accurate.  ;-)

Our majesty would have needed sun not shells, just like everybody
should, i even think he was so much in favour of that[1].  Your
statement thus seems right to me -- as you can see or hear, the
same people who did the escalation back then are still in charge.
Ach, the Brits!  They have Prince Charles who puts transparency on
the blinkers.  But the way of that speaker could also work out.

  [1] Majestät brauchen Sonne

 |Thanks to http://www.timeanddate.com/news/time/eu-debate-dst.html for \
 |the heads up.

Thanks for that.  Unfortunately i also heard the German
contributions...  Sigh.
Have a nice weekend.  Ciao!

--steffen