[tz] Reason for removal of several TZ

Thomas M Steenholdt tmus at tmus.dk
Mon Dec 4 12:08:36 UTC 2017

On 2017-12-04 06:06, Paul Goyette wrote:
> On Sun, 3 Dec 2017, Thomas M Steenholdt wrote:
>
>> So I'm more inclined to try to somehow make these abbreviations
>> official. I just need to know where to start.
>
> Get your official government department in charge of Time and Time
> Zones to declare an official abbreviation (preferably with some sort
> of "mandate" for its use in other government documents/records), and
> publish it in some sort of official government record/log?

I'll try to see what I can do about that.

In the meantime, here's a link to a publication created by a government
owned entity (Asiaq) and published on an official governmental website
(govmin.gl), which uses WGT/WGST and EGT/EGST:

https://www.govmin.gl/images/stories/minerals/events/Perth_2015/Forsberg_AsiaqPracticalities_Perth2015.pdf

/Thomas