[tz] Transitions after those included in zoneinfo binaries?

Stuart Bishop stuart at stuartbishop.net
Tue Dec 19 11:55:55 UTC 2017

On 14 December 2017 at 07:55, Paul G <paul at ganssle.io> wrote:
> Well, what I meant by that was that they are probably both working from the version 1 standard. It was already on my to do list to fix dateutil's support for the newer versions.
>
> Either way doesn't seem amazingly critical since these are just best guesses about timezone transitions 20 years in the future, so hopefully no one is relying on them being accurate (though I imagine at least some people are).

Yes, pytz is working from the v1 standard and will fail around 2038. I
won't be fixing this in pytz - Python now has the necessary hooks to
include and correctly use a tzfile parser in Python core, so the work
should happen there. I don't seem to have gotten around to it myself,
so interested parties can join the Python datetime SIG at
https://mail.python.org/mailman/listinfo/datetime-sig .

--
Stuart Bishop <stuart at stuartbishop.net>
http://www.stuartbishop.net/