[tz] Magallanes region from Chile will keep DST all year round

Derick Rethans tz at derickrethans.nl
Mon Jan 30 10:17:04 UTC 2017

On Wed, 25 Jan 2017, Deborah Goldsmith wrote:

> I would be very much in favor of a regular release schedule
> supplemented by urgent releases for immediate issues.

It is what we started doing for PHP as well. Very regular releases, with
exceptions for "security releases". It's been a great success.

Everybody around the ecosystem knows when releases are coming, and it is
easy to communicate that if you want your change/fix/feature in a new
release, it needs to be done by x date.

I think this would be hugely beneficial for the tz project too - it can
also be used as a stick to communicate to organisations that *change*
the rules, that this is when their computers are getting updated.

cheers,
Derick

--
https://derickrethans.nl | https://xdebug.org | https://dram.io