[tz] zic throws warning for 2007a

Paul Eggert eggert at cs.ucla.edu
Thu Mar 2 10:07:59 UTC 2017

Thanks for reporting the problem. For now let's work around it by changing the
abbreviation to "MMT"; although "MMT" is not technically correct, I expect it's
better than overrunning the POSIX limit.

This prompted me to go back to old sources (wow, printed books!) to nail down
Liberia's pre-1972 UT offset and the date of its 1972 transition to GMT.
Proposed patch attached.

It would be interesting to know where Liberia's -0:44:30 came from. There's not
much of interest on that longitude line (equivalent to 11 degrees 7 minutes 30
seconds west).