[tz] Israel Timezone query

Deborah Goldsmith goldsmit at apple.com
Tue Mar 28 21:26:40 UTC 2017

Hi Vidya,

metaZones.txt is not part of the IANA TZ data release. It’s part of ICU and CLDR. Please see the following mailing lists:

http://www.unicode.org/consortium/distlist-cldr-users.html <http://www.unicode.org/consortium/distlist-cldr-users.html>

Although, looking at the ICU data, I don’t see how you’d get “Default Value,” so I suggest you investigate where that data is coming from in your software. It’s definitely not from the TZ database.

Best wishes,
Deborah Goldsmith