[tz] Beginner's help request

Daniel Ford dfnojunk at gmail.com
Fri Nov 3 01:12:06 UTC 2017

Bradley,

Thanks for the links, but they both appear to point to the standard TZdb code (which I've previously downloaded), not code specifically for Arduino.  I doubt it would compile in the Arduino IDE (though I haven't yet tried).

"It would if the PC told the clock when/what the next UTC-offset transition was going to be."
Of course, but that contradicts your suggestion: "Get out of the TZ business altogether."  So I'd be back to having to find a source of DST rules, and as mentioned, can't rely on any particular (unknown breed) local computer.

Regards,
Daniel