[tz] Regarding Wikipedia entry

Matt Johnson mj1856 at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 8 19:24:27 UTC 2017

> The editor history suggests it's Matt Johnson who normally does the updates, possibly automatically though that is not obvious.

Yes, I've been doing them since 2015g with some C# code I wrote.  It pulls down the existing Wikipedia page, extracts all the commentary, hyperlinks, etc.  Then regenerates the list using the latest tzdb, preserving the things it extracted.  I then diff the old and new content manually, clean up any discrepancies or noise, and then paste it manually back to Wikipedia.

I haven't open-sourced this particular bit of code, because of the manual steps, and that it was written somewhat hastily.  I probably should clean it up and make it publicly available, or re-write it into whatever automation Wikipedia normally uses.

I'm really not sure who made the original automation, but they let it go stale and stopped running it, so I stepped in.  I'm open to suggestions if anyone has any.

-Matt