[tz] Please include Montreal

Zefram zefram at fysh.org
Sun Nov 12 01:27:16 UTC 2017

Sebastien Bouchard wrote:
>It would be nice if Montreal was included in your database. There are
>smaller cities that are listed.

That's not the criterion that we use to determine what goes in the
database.  It's not a database of cities but of timezones.  Montreal and
Toronto, for all their cultural differences, have had their clocks set
the same way continuously since our threshold date of 1970, along with
most of the rest of Quebec and Ontario.  This makes a single timezone
for our purposes, and our reference point within that timezone is,
as is usually the case, the largest city in the zone, which is Toronto.

-zefram