[tz] Please include Montreal

David Patte ₯ dpatte at relativedata.com
Sun Nov 12 03:11:40 UTC 2017

To combine two recent topics, if you could get the Quebec government to
pass a law delaying the time of switching back to daylight time this
coming spring by just one second, then we could get Montreal's zone
table back.

On a more serious vein, if you could find evidence that Montreal and
Toronto's time zones since 1970 were at some time different, or that
they implemented daylight saving differently at some point since 1970,
that would provide the means for them to be separate zones in the tzdb.
I made a vague attempt to find this evidence at one point, but never
checked the Toronto Star or Montreal Gazette archives. There could be
evidence there.

David
(a Montrealer in Ontario)