[tz] Please include Montreal

Robert Elz kre at munnari.OZ.AU
Mon Nov 13 17:01:56 UTC 2017

    Date:        Mon, 13 Nov 2017 14:20:08 +0000
    From:        Paul G <paul at ganssle.io>

  | I'm pretty sure that's what Guy is saying. If you define your UI based on
  | tzdb zone names, your UI is broken.

Not broken, just less than optimal for some user classes.   Like the
type that want city XXX listed, because "that's our capital" or because
"that lot don't speak French" or ...

For example, the NetBSD UI for changing the timezone, or setting it
after initial installation (if it wasn't done then) is:

	ln -sf /usr/share/zoneinfo/xxx/yyy /etc/localtime
or
	echo export TZ=xxx/yyy >> .profile

or similar (depending upon what kind of change is being made.)

Discovering what to use for xxx/yyy is left to the user (tzselect is
not installed.)

That works just fine, and is entirely suitable for the kinds of users
NetBSD tends to attract.

kre

ps: there is a menu based approach available during system installation
to make this a little easier for first time users.