[tz] Please include Montreal

Robert Elz kre at munnari.OZ.AU
Mon Nov 13 22:57:38 UTC 2017

    Date:        Mon, 13 Nov 2017 12:12:51 -0800
    From:        Guy Harris <guy at alum.mit.edu>

  | If your UI is expected to be used by people who *aren't* familiar
  | with tzdb names, it should not use tzdb names, whether it's a GUI
  | interface or not.

The standard way to find out the time in some specified location
is

	TZ=something date [+%...]

(in scripts, or on the command line).

If the "something" is not to be a tzdb name, what do you suggest using ?

If tzdb names are to be used there, how would you suggest explaining to
users how that one method is to be used in one place, and a different
method in a different place?

Like it or not, the tzdb identifiers *are* the identifiers used to
name and select time zones.   As long as we don't try and read more
into them, than that they are timezone identifiers, that's fine by me.

kre