[tz] Beginner's help request

Daniel Ford dfnojunk at gmail.com
Mon Nov 20 12:54:56 UTC 2017

OK, so now I've abandoned all hope of finding an Arduino library that does
all the heavy lifting for me, I now need to return to my 'roll-your-own'
approach.  First, I'd like to revisit my 1-Nov question and Zefram's 2-Nov
answer (was probably sent 1-Nov from his timezone):
-----
>I had naively assumed that there was a 1:1 correspondence between region
names in zone1970.tab and file names containing zones/rules for those
regions.<

There is not.  There's an approximate correspondence for most regions, but
notably there's no "pacific" file, with most (but not all) Pacific/ zones
being in the "australasia" file.
-----

So my question now is, how does one know which file to search for zone/rules
for any given region/city from zone1970.tab?

And please don't answer 'run such-and-such a program from the code area',
since I'm not doing this on a desktop machine, but an embedded system
without a standard operating system.  I need to understand the
mechanism/algorithm so I can code my own processes.  Thanks.

Regards,
Daniel