[tz] Beginner's help request

Sanjeev Gupta ghane0 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 15 04:24:19 UTC 2017

> Let's take a concrete example: say my user has nominated 'Australasia' and
> 'Hobart'.  So I look in your Australasia file and do a (manual at this
> stage) search for 'Hobart', but find only one reference to it (other than
in
> comments).

If you allow the user to enter the City Name, please note that the user
might enter "Hovarta", which is the (made-up) localised version of the name
of the city.  cf Kolkotta, Wien, etc

This issue turns up regularly on the list (along with "But that is not the
biggest city, including suburbs).  The TZ database does not deal with UI
issues, in this respect, you will have to handle them.

Will your clock have a UI?  Accessible as a web page, or with
up/down/select buttons?

--
Sanjeev Gupta
+65 98551208     http://www.linkedin.com/in/ghane