[tz] Anyone else having snprintf issues with 2017c?

Jon Skeet skeet at pobox.com
Mon Oct 23 18:52:19 UTC 2017

The tzvalidate <https://github.com/nodatime/tzvalidate> travis build is
failing, with both clang and gcc, with this error:

zdump.c:803:1: error: static declaration of ‘snprintf’ follows non-static
declaration
 snprintf(char *s, size_t size, char const *format, ...)
 ^
make: *** [zdump.o] Error 1

It's building fine for me locally, so I'm not quite sure what's wrong.
We're currently building on trusty - I may try another distro...

The snprintf changes were introduced on June 13th
<https://github.com/eggert/tz/commit/399180580f65bcad63cf996997068366cadaf530#diff-75ca360cb0a2f0bee95d8fe83fc60ae7>.
It's been too long since I've done a lot of C to easily work out what's
going on. I'll investigate further myself tomorrow, but I thought I'd just
see if anyone else had seen this before then.

Jon