[tz] Regarding changes of time format the Philippines

Arati asethy at barracuda.com
Tue Oct 31 08:59:11 UTC 2017

Hi ,

  We are using tzdb for all our customers. With latest update of tzdb to
2017a, one of the customer came back with issue in time format display
in logs.

The timezone for this Customer is Asia/Manila i.e. Philippines. Before
use on 2017a tzdb , the time displayed is as follows

2017-10-31 16:47:33.930 +0800

After using 2017a tzdb time displayed as

2017-10-31 08:48:38.056 +0000

We observed the same issue using perl DateTime  module too. We could see
that the time format for this zone is changed from PH%sT to +08/+09.
This change is there only in asia file.(Note reverting back this change
and recompiling tzdb resolves the issue)

We are looking for a solution for this. We are not clear whether some
dependent library needs to be upgraded , or it is a bug in tzdb.

Kindly address the query and help to resolve the issue.

Thanks & Regards,
Arati

Learn how to protect users, data, and applications with security engineered for the public cloud by Barracuda. http://barracuda.com

DISCLAIMER:
This e-mail and any attachments to it contain confidential and proprietary material of Barracuda, its affiliates or agents, and is solely for the use of the intended recipient. Any review, use, disclosure, distribution or copying of this transmittal is prohibited except by or on behalf of the intended recipient. If you have received this transmittal in error, please notify the sender and destroy this e-mail and any attachments and all copies, whether electronic or printed.