[tz] Update frequency has dropped off(?)

Paul Eggert eggert at cs.ucla.edu
Mon Sep 4 17:25:36 UTC 2017

Paul Holland wrote:
> Does this mean (1) the database has stabilised; or (2) it is no longer actively maintained?

It's still actively maintained; see https://github.com/eggert/tz and/or look at
the mailing list archive. I don't like to issue new releases "just because", as
each release is somewhat of a hassle for downstream users. The usual pattern is
a flurry of changes before March and then again before November. We will need a
new release well before 2018-01-14, when the current release becomes wrong for
Fiji. Possibly we'll get last-minute notices in the next two or three months
that will require new releases promptly.