[tz] [english 100%] Re: About Asia/Hanoi

Paul Eggert eggert at cs.ucla.edu
Sun Sep 10 15:21:58 UTC 2017

Meno Hochschild wrote:
> now the question arises if the
> rules of outdated Asia/Hanoi will be updated, too, if for example the rules of
> Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh might change in the future. Will the rules of
> backzone-identifiers be adjusted to future changes or not?

I can't promise to maintain the contents of 'backzone' with the same attention
to detail as the main database. 'backzone' is outside the scope of the database.
Although some of 'backzone' is quite good, other parts are dicey, and I have
little doubt that it contains errors that wouldn't be tolerated in the main
database. So I suggest not relying on it quite as much.