[tz] North Korea timezone to become GMT+9 from May 5 2018

Magnus Danielson magnus at rubidium.dyndns.org
Mon Apr 30 09:07:28 UTC 2018

Hi,

On 04/30/2018 09:38 AM, Phake Nick wrote:
> The URL to the announcement cannot be directly copied, but you can
> access www.kcna.kp <http://www.kcna.kp> then select "English" on top
> right hand corner, and then there will be an article titled "SPA
> Presidium of DPRK Decides to Reset Pyongyang Time" which talk about the
> upcoming change in time in North Korea. Media outside North Korea have
> reported about it too. However, there are no info with respect to
> exactly which moment in May 5 are they switching their timezone

Reading:

8<---
Pyongyang, April 30 (KCNA) -- The Presidium of the Supreme People's
Assembly of the DPRK adopted a decree "On Resetting Pyongyang Time" on
Monday.

The decree reads:

The Presidium of the Supreme People's Assembly of the DPRK decides as
follows to unify the times of the north and the south:

Firstly, Pyongyang time shall be reset into GMT+09:00 (30 minutes
earlier than the present time) with the 135th degree of east longitude
as prime meridian.

Secondly, the reset Pyongyang time shall be applied from May 5, Juche
107 (2018).

Thirdly, the Cabinet and relevant organs of the DPRK shall take
practical steps to implement the decree. -0-
--->8

With that, we have an english text confirming what has been interpreted
before. Thanks.

Cheers,
Magnus