[tz] Incorrect Time Zone Data for American/Grand_Turk

Jon Skeet skeet at pobox.com
Fri Aug 3 12:10:15 UTC 2018

Hmm. Having tried to implement tzvalidate for Afk.ZoneInfo, I've found it's
too tricky to be worth the time. It doesn't provide information about
daylight/standard times, it doesn't provide the name parts, and it behaves
very oddly in some case.
For example, my code to determine transitions got stuck in
"America/Argentina/Buenos_Aires" - because multiple UTC instants end up
mapping to the same local time at the end of 1998. From a brief browse of
the source code, it's not clear that the DateTimeKind values of Local and
Unspecified are handled correctly, either.

I'd advise against using the library for now - whether that means using
Noda Time or finding an alternative. (There are definitely other options
around.)