[tz] Incorrect Time Zone Data for American/Grand_Turk

Jon Skeet skeet at pobox.com
Fri Aug 3 13:56:14 UTC 2018

On Fri, 3 Aug 2018 at 14:41, Robert Elz <kre at munnari.oz.au> wrote:

>     Date:        Fri, 3 Aug 2018 13:10:15 +0100
>     From:        Jon Skeet <skeet at pobox.com>
> uw at mail.gmail.com>
>
>   | For example, my code to determine transitions got stuck [...]
>   | because multiple UTC instants end up mapping to the same local time
>
> If that is a problem for your validator, then you need to fix it, as that
> kind of thing can easily happen, whatever the codebase is.

To be clear, this was "subsequent ticks". (A tick is 100ns)

Yes, I absolutely cope with clocks going back. There's a big difference
between that and "time stops completely for a second" which is what's
actually observed with the library.

On further inspection, it looks like the library completely ignores
sub-second precision in some cases: when you ask for the local version of
(say) 1998-12-31T23:56:30.123Z in America/Argentina/Buenos_Aires it will
return 1998-12-31T20:56:30.000.

Even after this has been worked around there are significant issues though.

Jon