[tz] Possible closure of WWV et al.

Fri Aug 31 13:41:09 UTC 2018

On 2018-08-29 15:20, Philip Paeps wrote:
> On 2018-08-29 20:55:04 (+0000), Paul.Koning at dell.com wrote:
>> On Aug 29, 2018, at 4:34 PM, Arthur David Olson wrote:
>>> "If this budget passes as written, WWV, WWVH, and WWVB will all be closed."
>>> https://swling.com/blog/2018/08/information-from-the-nist-regarding-possible-closure-wwv-radio-stations/

Budget proposal from administration for pork barrel negotiations in congress:
maybe NIST would prefer budget room for new clocks, revenues don't cover
expenses, or the FCC wants the spectrum so they can sell the bands?
US (RC) clock manufacturers may raise concerns if they sell enough to care;
given (e)LORAN's fate I would not make/take any bets about analogue tech's fate!

Alternative WWVB AM generators: https://www.w9wsw.com/?p=1248