[tz] America/Mexico_City incorrect DST end time for 2018.

Paul Eggert eggert at cs.ucla.edu
Fri Dec 28 17:49:20 UTC 2018

demxic wrote:
> I am sorry I cannot still confirm this issue, I have sent an email to
> Mexico´s CETRAM and I am waiting for an official response.

Thanks for following up on this. It would be helpful to know:

* Does the 03:00->02:00 transition occur only in Mexico City, or do other parts
of the country also have a 03:00->02:00 transition instead of 02:00->01:00?

* If the transition was 02:00->01:00 in previous years, what was the first year
that Mexico City switched to the new rules that use 03:00->02:00?

* What is the official law or regulation that specifies the transition times?

I'm asking because the most recent national decree that I can see is here:

http://www.diputados.gob.mx/LeyesBiblio/pdf/Dec_HEEUM_280417.pdf

It's dated 2017-04-28 and says "a aplicación de este horario estacional surtirá
efecto desde las dos horas del segundo domingo de marzo y concluirá a las dos
horas del primer domingo de noviembre", which makes it sound like the fall
transition should be 02:00->01:00 - unless that "dos horas" means 02:00
*standard* time instead of 02:00 *current* time, a possible but unusual
interpretation that I would normally expect to be spelled out.

Although I found several news sources saying there was a 03:00->02:00 transition
this fall, I also found some saying that the transition was 02:00->01:00:

https://vanguardia.com.mx/articulo/todo-lo-que-debes-saber-sobre-el-cambio-de-horario-se-adelanta-o-se-atrasa-el-reloj

https://www.6enpunto.mx/bienestar/el-horario-de-invierno-inicia-el-28-de-octubre-no-olvides-atrasar-1-hora-tu-reloj/

so it appears at the least that there is some confusion here.