[tz] Inappropriate project direction

Paul G paul at ganssle.io
Tue Feb 6 16:32:16 UTC 2018

You seem to think stability is the only thing that matters, but it is clearly a balancing act between accuracy and stability.

There have been repeated efforts to work out some compatibility mechanism for software broken by these "changes" (some are not really changes at all just incorrect assumptions made that happened not to have been violated before), and your response has been to just demand (none too kindly, for that matter) that zero changes ever happen in the future and no upgrade mechanism be provided.

If you need an unchanging version is this frozen in time and *cannot* use the compatibility versions for whatever reason, I suggest that you maintain a fork of the project. It wouldn't be amazingly difficult, you just would need to maintain a "downgrade" script and you'd still be able to take advantage of all the hard work of the volunteers maintaining this project without any of the pesky changes to improve the accuracy of the data.