[tz] AP & WFLA-TV: Florida House OKs bill asking to skip Daylight Saving Time

Steve Jones stevejones at ontimezone.com
Sat Feb 17 21:15:47 UTC 2018

So, if I understand this, the portion of the panhandle currently in the
Central time zone would be permanently on CDT (=EST), while the remainder
of the state would be on permanent EDT (=AST)?

That essentially adds a brand new border all the way around the state of
Florida, which would involve being an hour out of sync with every foreign
neighbor (e.g. the Bahamas & Cuba, as well as with every US State and
Canadian Province in the Central and Eastern time zones.  So during
standard time, if traveling from Miami to Nassau, you'd actually go BACK an
hour.

This sounds certain to cause great confusion, not to mention the disruption
of commerce.  I wonder what the odds are that the US Feds will approve it.

Steve Jones
[image: Emacs!]