[tz] AP & WFLA-TV: Florida House OKs bill asking to skip Daylight Saving Time

Bryan Smith b.j.smith at ieee.org
Thu Feb 22 18:54:17 UTC 2018

It's important to understand the diverse culture and related impacts in
Florida**,

I.e., it very much has a lot to do with synchronizing with the Caribbean,
including for business reasons (especially given travel from/to, services
shared between, etc... ).

It also has to do with the realities of the sun in Florida, much like many
New England states are looking at as well (like MA). .

Most Floridians, especially business leaders (among other communities),
have been talking about this for years.

- bjs

<off-topic>
**P. S.  Despite demonizations in the US media (that may be replicated
internationally), Florida's legislative leadership is very much in-tune
with the makeup and views of their constituents on these matters. I won't
go into the reasons why that's often at odds with representation in the
media.
</off-topic>

--
DISCLAIMER: _This message may have been composed on a mobile device without
a physical keyboard and/or with auto-correct enabled using a limiting

--
Bryan J Smith (bjs) http//linkedin.com/in/bjsmith
b.j.smith at IEEE.org - me at bjsmith.me