[tz] Irish Standard Time vs Irish Summer Time

Mark Davis ☕️ mark at macchiato.com
Fri Jan 19 18:15:54 UTC 2018

> Basically, I value "practical correctness" much, much, much higher than
"technical correctness" here - I would far prefer the Irish legislation to
change in order to get technical correctness...

I agree, but would go further. I don't think the change did increase
"technical correctness", nor is it mandated by Irish legislation. Without
negative offsets, it is no problem for any implementation to have the name
"Irish Standard Time" for what they use in the summer (UTC+01:00), and the
name "Greenwich Mean Time" for what they use in the winter (UTC+0).

Mark

Mark