[tz] please do not enforce limits in code for time zones

Lester Caine lester at lsces.co.uk
Mon Jan 22 19:44:30 UTC 2018

On 22/01/18 19:22, Howard Hinnant wrote:
> There’s a proposal before the C++ standardization committee:
>      https://wg21.link/p0355
> <Disclaimer> I’m the author. </Disclaimer>

Still no means of identifying if a change of version of TZ data results
in a change to a local time? At the end of the day which ever software
is being used, if I provide a UTC normalised time then it also needs to
identify the rule set used to create it. If different software uses
different ways of storing the rules it is somewhat irrelevant as long as
they all produce the same local time so any improvements to the rules
should include version information. Something that has been missing for
too long now.

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL