[tz] OpenJDK/CLDR/ICU/Joda issues with Ireland change

Paul Eggert eggert at cs.ucla.edu
Fri Jan 26 00:50:57 UTC 2018

On 01/24/2018 07:56 PM, Guy Harris wrote:
> And a question for somebody familiar with Irish conventions - what do they call the time that's in effect during non-summer-time - "Greenwich Mean Time"?

I presume they call it that because that's what it is. :-) The Irish
statutes in question call it "Greenwich mean time", without capitalizing
the "mean" or "time". While we're on the subject of names, Ireland's
Standard Time Act, 1968 gives no name to what we're calling "Irish
Standard Time"; it merely uses the phrase "the time for general purposes
in the State (to be known as standard time)".