[tz] Flat-earthers and time zones

Clive D.W. Feather clive at davros.org
Sat Jan 27 04:54:29 UTC 2018

Paul Eggert said:
>>> Once upon a time, the world was always flat, everyone knew that,
>>> the pope even proclaimed it...
>> Cite?
> I doubt whether any Roman Catholic pope proclaimed the Earth flat as a matter of
> doctrine. That being said, flat-Earthers are still alive and kicking.

That, I'm well aware of.

But my understanding has always been that educated people and sailors,
whether educated or not, have known for something like 2500 years that the
earth is round. So I wanted a cite that the pope proclaimed the opposite.

--
Clive D.W. Feather          | If you lie to the compiler,
Email: clive at davros.org     | it will get its revenge.