[tz] EU Public Consultation on summertime arrangements

John Wilcock john at tradoc.fr
Mon Jul 9 13:15:39 UTC 2018

Further to my earlier comment, I've realised that I read the
consultation document too quickly! The last section makes clear that the
only thing to be decided at EU level is the summer time *regime*, and
specifically whether to keep the existing arrangements whereby all
member states change to summer time simultaneously, or to prohibit
summer time for all member states. It will remain up to individual
member states to choose and define their own time zone. As a result your
official response probably ought to be reworded to take this division of
responsibilities into account.

--
John