[tz] Getting current tzdb version in use

Howard Hinnant howard.hinnant at gmail.com
Thu Jul 19 22:07:45 UTC 2018

Just to be clear, and head off any misunderstandings, I am satisfied with the current versioning and packaging at https://www.iana.org/time-zones .  No changes are needed for the C++20 calendar and timezone extensions to chrono.  Indeed, stability is what I would request, especially in the data formats of both the text and binary forms of the data.

I am happy with the current version file in the text database.  And vendors can easily add version files to their compiled binary databases (as Apple already does for macOS, iOS and watchOS).

Howard