[tz] 'Pyongyang Time' scrapped as North Korea synchronises clocks with the South

Scott Kilpatrick Scott.Kilpatrick at twosigma.com
Wed May 9 18:46:56 UTC 2018

Paul Eggert wrote:
> The current tzdb release (2018e) already has North Korea using the same time as South Korea, so tzdb is already synchronized reasonably well.

Doesn't the 2018e release have the original update for Asia/Pyongyang (offset changed at 00:00 on 2018-05-05) but not the later correction (offset changed at 23:30 2018-05-04)? Looking at the 2018e tag on Paul's GitHub mirror [1], it contains the commit for the former [2] but not for the latter [3]. Was the release updated elsewhere?

I'm new to the list and to tzdb in general. Just wanted to make sure I understand how everything works.

Best,
Scott

[1] 2018e release tag on GitHub: https://github.com/eggert/tz/commits/2018e
[2] Original update on GitHub: https://github.com/eggert/tz/commit/511df4d784a90340397d30966ccfd002bca2fdc1