[tz] Asia\Nicosia

Sat May 26 13:32:14 UTC 2018

On 2018-05-24 18:12, Sanjeev Gupta wrote:
> On Fri, 25 May 2018, 7:30 am Pierpaolo Bernardi wrote:
>> On Thu, May 24, 2018 at 1:43 AM, George Savva wrote:
>>> Now, I don’t think of Nicosia and general Cyprus as being in Europe because
>>> i like it. It is the law. The links i sent you proves what i am saying to
>>> you and you can find all the informations you need.
>> You are making confusion between Europe and the European Union.  They are
>> different things, even if related.
>> Cyprus is an example of a country which is in the European Union, but not in
>> Europe.
>> Switzerland is an example of a country which is not in the European Union,
>> but it is in Europe.
>> BTW, laws do not have the power to change geographycal facts. Or do we have
>> to move UK from Europe to some other continent shortly? which one?
> And staying close to Cyprus, Turkey is not a member of the EU, but is a member
> of NATO.
> North_Atlantic/Istanbul?

Turkey and Istanbul are in both eastern Europe and western Asia i.e.

	$ ls /usr/share/zoneinfo/*/Istanbul
	/usr/share/zoneinfo/Asia/Istanbul
	/usr/share/zoneinfo/Europe/Istanbul

Even the division and number of continents is cultural; see:

	https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Continent#Number

for another issue over which some may not agree.