[tz] Fwd:DST in Isral 1980 and 1984

Ephraim Silverberg ephraim at cs.huji.ac.il
Wed Nov 7 10:00:48 UTC 2018

>> I have put it on my bucket list for my retirement years to check the
accuracy of the Ministry of Interior dates

> That would be helpful, thanks.

I still have a few years before retirement though ...

In the meantime, I have have downloaded from the Knesset archives, the
various addendums and changes to the Time Determination Ordinance that has
its origins in 1940 during the British Mandate
<ftp://ftp.cs.huji.ac.il/pub/tz/laws/May_22_1940.pdf> up until the current
law <ftp://ftp.cs.huji.ac.il/pub/tz/laws/Jul_11_2013.pdf> and placed them
all under ftp://ftp.cs.huji.ac.il/pub/tz/laws/ -- all files are in Hebrew.

Basically, from 1940 until 2004, the start/end times of DST was determined
by the Minister of Interior and a set rule for the times was only first
passed as a law in 2005 which was amended in November 2012 and then again
in July 2013.

Ephraim