[tz] posix for asia/tehran is wrong

Paul Eggert eggert at cs.ucla.edu
Fri Nov 30 17:24:14 UTC 2018

On 11/30/18 7:50 AM, Brian Inglis wrote:
> You previously corrected the code output by hand, but now appear to do
> so in the
> Lisp approximation, which means the following description is confusing:

Thanks for catching that. I tried to improve the comment (in a different
way) in the attached patch.

> For occasional and non-Lispers, the included Emacs Lisp code is non-obvious: it
> may be more helpful to provide the code in a separate file, which also clearly
> documents its function in plain language, enhancing understanding and
> implementation in other languages, and reference that.

In the past I haven't bothered to do that, as it's a pain to distribute
ad-hoc files (e.g., we used to have Lisp code for Morocco, then it went
away, then it came back). Also, the Lisp code is not intended to be run
routinely; it's intended mainly to be documentation for the nearby data.
So for now I think I'll stick with tradition and keep the Lisp code in a
comment in the data file. That being said, the Lisp code could be
clearer and I fussed with it a bit to do that in the attached patch,
though I did not take the trouble to write extensive internal documentation.