[tz] Turks & Caicos DST transition November 4 02:00

Paul Eggert eggert at cs.ucla.edu
Sun Nov 4 04:30:26 UTC 2018

Long, Karen wrote:
> Does tz2018g include an update for Turks and Caico?
>
> Our information for Providenciales (PLS) is incorrect starting on 4 Nov.

According to our sources last year, Turks & Caicos adopted Eastern time with US
daylight-saving rules effective 2018-03-11 03:00. So, starting with tzdb 2017c
America/Grand_Turk has been scheduled to fall back about 90 minutes from now,
i.e., from Sun Nov  4 01:59:59 2018 -04 (EDT) to Sun Nov  4 01:00:00 2018 -05
(EST) one second later. This agrees with an article in a newspaper last week
cited below containing an advisory from the Turks & Caicos government. So as far
as I can see, tzdb is should be OK for this transition. If you have information
to the contrary please let us know the details so that we can fix tzdb.

Hamilton D. Daylight Savings Time Ends November 4, 2018. Magnetic Media.
2018-10-25.
https://magneticmediatv.com/2018/10/daylight-savings-time-ends-november-4-2018/