[tz] Another change on Brazilian DST time

Tim Parenti tim at timtimeonline.com
Tue Oct 9 14:01:05 UTC 2018

On Tue, 9 Oct 2018 at 09:19, Fábio Gomes <flgoms at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Would this be enough to update tzdata in IANA's site?

No, timeanddate.com is an independent entity which sources its primary
information in the same manner we do.  They are not a primary source for
our purposes.  Further, the change has already been made in the development
version:
https://github.com/eggert/tz/commit/efda0562d7fc7bc90b6cab76998fab8b4953e056

As Paul mentioned before, he is a volunteer, and there is no set timetable
for full releases.
https://mm.icann.org/pipermail/tz/2018-October/026937.html

In particular, we are also waiting for a change in Volgograd, Russia to
become official:
https://mm.icann.org/pipermail/tz/2018-September/026898.html

If you need updated data files for Brazil faster, source files for the
bleeding-edge development version are available from
https://github.com/eggert/tz in the meantime.  Otherwise, please be
patient.  A lot of last-minute changes tend to happen at this time of year,
so it is advantageous to batch them together when possible.

--
Tim Parenti