[tz] Fwd: Timezone for East Asian traditional calendar

Paul Eggert eggert at cs.ucla.edu
Sat Oct 27 00:07:48 UTC 2018

On 10/26/18 4:15 PM, Phake Nick wrote:
> I am not talking about recording information of each of those
> calendar, instead is to record the time standard (and change to those
> standard) that are being used to calculate the calendar. For instance
> the time being used to calculate the lunar calendar for coastal China
> would be using Beijing Mean Solar Time during year 1914-1928, and then
> use GMT+8 starting from the year of 1929, ignoring a period of time
> during Japanese invasion where GMT+9-based calendar might have also
> been printed.

Information like that would be appropriate for the 'calendar' file, so I
suggest proposing a patch for that file.

Thanks for all your work in nailing this down, by the way. It'll take me
a bit of time to digest the China and Korea data into a specific patch,
and most likely that will have to wait until after the next (somewhat
urgent) patch because of Morocco. But I do plan to get to it.