[tz] Nauru Time history
c933103 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 31 02:32:44 UTC 2018
* Currently, the tz database say Nauru use LMT until 1921, and then
switched to GMT+11:30 for the next two decades.
* However, a number of timezone map published in America/Japan back then
showed its timezone as GMT+11 per https://wiki.suikawiki.org/n/ナウルの標準時
* And it would also be nice if the 1921 transition date could be sourced.
* The tz database currently show Nauru use GMT+9 within the time of 1942
Mar 15 and 1944 Aug 15, however the correspondence is not exact as Nauru
was still under Japanese rule until year 1945. And I don't think it's
likely for such switch to occur during WWII so it's probably an error.
* Currently tz database shows the +11:30 -> +12 transition date as 1979
May, however the "Nauru Standard Time Act 1978 Time Change"
based on "Nauru Standard Time Act 1978 Time Change"
http://www.paclii.org/nr/legis/num_act/nsta1978207/ defined that "Nauru
Alternative Time" (GMT+12) should be in effect from 1979 Feb. Thus it
appears that the current tz database transition time might be incorrect.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the tz