[tz] Japanese Summer time fallback transition in autumn 2020?

Phake Nick c933103 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 27 11:01:09 UTC 2018

I have found a bit more information on the topic.
In the webpage authored by National Astronomical Observatory of Japan
https://eco.mtk.nao.ac.jp/koyomi/wiki/BBFEB9EF2FB2C6BBFEB9EF.html , it
mentioned that using Showa 23 (year 1948) as example, 13pm of September 11
in summer time will equal to 0am of September 12 in standard time.
It cited a document issued by the Liaison Office which briefly existed
during the postwar period of Japan, where the detail on implementation of
the summer time is described in the document.
https://eco.mtk.nao.ac.jp/koyomi/wiki/BBFEB9EF2FB2C6BBFEB9EFB2C6BBFEB9EFA4CEBCC2BBDCA4CBA4C4A4A4A4C6.pdf

The text in the document do instruct a fall back to occur at September 11,
13pm in summer time, while ordinary citizens can change the clock before
they sleep.
* Note: despite the webpage being named as wiki, it is actually a
collection of information maintained by the Ephemeris Computation Office,
NAOJ, not something that can be edited by others.